In content marketing, creating content is half the battle. The other half is distributing it across the many platforms on the web so that it can reach the largest possible audience. The goal should be to get the content seen by as many people as possible. After all, content that doesn’t get viewed is not of much use and won’t benefit your search engine rankings.
Syndicating the content you create is an essential part of content marketing. In order for your content to have an impact on your customer base and your site’s rankings, you need a solid content distribution strategy. With social sharing rising in importance, content marketers have a big task at hand to make their content shareable and keep it visible.
Why syndicate content?
Syndicating content and making it shareable offers a number of advantages, including:
– Interaction with customers is increased when your content is distributed across various channels, especially social media channels.
– Better rankings result from content syndication, as search engines then find plenty of content to index on a variety of platforms.
– Your brand benefits from an expanded reach and greater visibility to consumers.
Ways to syndicate content for better search engine rankings
There are several ways to syndicate content and optimize it for sharing. Let’s have a look at them:
1. Content with sticky ideas: There is no secret recipe for creating content that goes viral. But if you load your content with “sticky” ideas, it’s more likely to be liked and shared by users.
2. Make the content topical: This means tapping into what’s going on currently, what’s being discussed by the public at present, and what people want to learn about at a specific point of time.
3. Be regular and voluminous: The more you publish, the greater the chances of your content being viewed and shared across platforms. Never shy away from giving lots of information to your audience.
4. Review and tune up the content based on analytics: Review the statistics generated by your content regularly. Once you know what your audience is really interested in, you can tweak your content and strategy accordingly.
5. The headline matters: It’s the headline that will entice people to click on the content, read it and share it.
6. Emotional connection matters more than production values: A page that looks nice won’t gain you any interest from users unless the content conveys a story and the audience is able to connect on an emotional level.
7. Embed content from others: There’s a whole lot of content already on the web, so take advantage of it! Embed, tag and even share content from other sources to tap into an already-existing audience.
8. Trickle-down strategy: The best part of web content is its “trickle-down” effect; an innovative content strategy can be expected to intensify in a deliberate way.
9. Leverage influential social media users: Social sites have a lot of “powerful” users whose reach and impact are worth tapping into to bring.
10. Recycling: Reduce, reuse, recycle! Reuse content you’ve published in the past by updating it, giving it something “new” for users to look into.
The benefits are huge when you syndicate content in a way that aligns with the needs of your business. Never ignore what your brand stands for, and distribute your content in a way that enhances it.