H1B Visa is the dream for many U.S. lovers. By holding a H1B Visa, you can stay and work in United States for 6 years. Not just that, your spouse and children can also accompany you in H4 Visa though they are not allowed working in U.S. There are two ways in which you can avail H1B Visa. They are:
- Regular Process – USCIS will process your H1B Visa Application in its own time. The time period may be 1-6 months or even more. There is no specific deadline.
- Premium Process – The H1B Visa application will be processed in just 15 days time. But an extra amount of $1225 has to be paid as fees for this processing.
Are you eligible for H1B Visa?
You should meet one of the following criteria to be eligible for H1B Visa:
- You should have a Bachelor Degree / Masters Degree.
- You should have minimum 12 years of work experience.
- You should earn 12 points altogether where in every 1 year in work yields 1 point and every 1 year in education at university yield 3 points.
Apart from this, your occupation should be in one of the following fields: IT, Finance, Computing, Banking, Accounting, Advertising, Engineering, Business and few other specialty areas.
How to get H1B Visa?
The H1B sponsoring company that provides you the job has to file a H1B Visa Petition along with all supporting documents. This petition has to be approved by USCIS for you to get the H1B Visa.