Pur Water Filters
Water is the most important of all nature creatures. In humans, water constitutes 60-70 % of their body weight. Whether used for drinking, cooking, bathing or any other purpose it is important that the water used should be clean and pure. The PUR water filters, filters the tap water through a layer of activated carbon, which chemically attracts impurities, separating them from the water and trapping them. As the filter connects directly to the faucet so the water filters automatically.
However in order to get a clean supply of water it is necessary that we clean our Pur water filters before installing them. In case of a pitcher and dispenser filter, the company recommends changing the filter after use of 40 gallons of water, or after two months, and for a faucet filter, the company recommends changing the filter after 100 gallons of use of water, or after two to three months. In order to make the pur water filters more effective in supplying clean, filtered water.
The following process must be observed before installing them:
- Remove and dispose of old filter as it cannot be cleaned.
- Submerge the new filter in a glass of water.
- Allow the filter to soaking water for a around 15 minutes to clean it.
- Remove the Pur water filter from the glass of water, and run it under cold water from for 10 seconds.
- Install the filter into the pitcher or faucet.