Intel i3 370M Review
i3 370M is an Intel Core Processor. This article will cover the features of i3-330UM, highlight its advantages and also lists the features not offered by i3 370M.
Intel Core Processors are the leading processors in the industry. Intel Core Processor family includes many processors, among which Core i3 is a notable one. Intel i3 Core Processor is one among the leading core processors available in the market. Different i3 processors are designed to work as Desktop Processor and as Mobile Processor as shown below:
- Dual Core Desktop Processors: Core i3 530, Core i3 540, Core i3 550, Core i3 560
- Dual Core Mobile Processors: In i3 family, many processors are designed to work as mobile processors and they are classified based on their voltage as shown below:
- Standard Voltage: Core i3 330M, Core i3 330E, Core i3 350M, Core i3 370M, Core i3 380M
- Ultra Low Voltage: Core i3 330UM, Core i3 380UM
With this introduction to Intel Core Processors, this blog will focus on Intel i3 370M Review and discuss some of its highlighting features. In addition, this blog will also discuss about what makes core i3-370M so special and what does this processor lack.
About i3 370M Processor
i3 370M is the Intel Core Processor used in mobile phones. Some of its highlighting features are listed below:
- Supports 4 threads in parallel
- Provides 64 Bit Instruction Set
- Provides 3MB Intel Smart Cache
- Provides 2.4 GHz Clock Speed
- Provides 8GB Memory Size
- Supports 2 Memory Channels
- Supports PGA988 Sockets
- Provides maximum 1 CPU Configuration
- Provides Halogen Free Options
- Provides Integrated Graphics Facilities
- Provides Dynamic Frequency with Intel HD Graphics
- It is Dual Display Capable
- Supports Intel Clear Video HD Technology
- Supports Hyper Threading Technology
- Provides Virtualization Technology
- Supports Intel 64 Architecture
- Provides Fast Memory Access
- Provides Flex Memory Access
Features mentioned above are just few among the actual set of specifications.
Are you an expert in laptop/computer repairing , just start giving remote computer repair services to customers who are seeking online help on ezdia.
Advantages of i3-330UM Processor
Listed below are certain advantages of i3 370M Processor when compared to its competitive processors:
- Hyperthreading: i3 370M Processor provides hyperthreading facility using which four hyperthreads can run at the same time. Because of hyperthreading, performance will be better even when there are several processes running at the same time.
- Integrated Graphics and Intel HD Graphics Feature: Graphics Specification of i3 370M Processor includes Integrated Graphics feature, Intel HD Graphics Feature and Intel HD Graphics Feature with Dynamic Frequency. Using these features, HD Graphics can be played from any player without any problem or disturbance in its display.
- Integrated Graphics Card: i3 370M has an integrated graphics card named Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD having a clock speed varying between 500 MHz to 667 MHz. However i5 and i7 processors have a graphics card with better clock speed than this processor.
- Integrated Memory Controller: i3 370M Processor has Integrated Memory Controller using which the processor can communicate directly with the memory. Many other similar processors available in the market doesn’t have integrated memory controller. Hence such processors have to communicate with the memory using some intermediate chip.
Read about Intel Pentium p6000 Dual Core Processor
Features not offered in 13 370M Processor
This Intel i3 370M Review also covers list of features not provided by i3 370M, as shown below:
- Turbo Boost Technology: Intel Core Processors i5 and i7 have turbo boost feature that helps in balancing the battery life. But this facility is not available in i3 370M processor. Hence performance of i5 processor and i7 processors will be better when compared to i3 370M processor. But these processors are expensive when compared to i3 370M processor.
- Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O: i3-330UM Processor supports only Intel Virtualization Technology VT-x and not for Directed I/O. Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O facility provides improved security for end users and also helps in improvising the performance of I/O Devices. None of the i3 processors have this facility. However i5 and i7 processors (both mobile and desktop processors) provide this feature.
- Trusted Execution Technology: i3 370M processor doesn’t provide Trusted Execution Technology which is highly recommended for safer computing. This feature provides different hardware based mechanisms using which confidentiality as well as integrity of data available in your machine can be protected. None of the i3 processors have this facility. However most of the advanced Intel processors including i5 mobile processors, i5 desktop processors, i7 mobile processors, i7 desktop processors, Core 2 Duo Processor, Core 2 Quad Processor, Core 2 Solo Processor and Xeon Processor offer this facility.
i3 370M Vs All Other i3 Mobile Processors (Standard Voltage)
In i3 mobile processor family, five processors were designed to work on standard voltage. They are i3 330M, i3 330E, i3 350M, i3 370M, i3 380M. All these processors are very similar in functionality irrespective of few specification changes. This Intel i3 370M Review blog gives you a ready hand solution for comparing these five processors – browse through the following link for the comparison. Click Here